Established in 1999, China Shanghai International Arts Festival is a state-level annual international arts festival hosted by the Chinese Ministry of Culture and Tourism and organized by the Shanghai Municipal People's Government. As a major part of the Festival, the CSIAF performing arts fair (ChinaSPAF) is the leading annual marketplace for new work from China, connecting creators and arts professionals worldwide.
The last edition of ChinaSPAF succeeded with over 800 delegates, 473 organizations from 53 countries and regions, including directors from international arts festivals and venue presenters from all over mainland China, Hong Kong and Taiwan, including –
• International Society for the Performing Arts (ISPA)
• European Festivals Association
• Festivals Edinburgh
• Edinburgh International Festival
• Adelaide Festival
• Manchester International Festival
• Spoleto Festival of the Two Worlds
• Sibiu International Theatre Festival
• Ljubljana Festival
• Festival Iberoamericano de Teatro de Bogota
• Luminato Festival
• Auckland Arts Festival
• Hong Kong Arts Festival
• The Kennedy Center
• Sadler's Wells London
• Esplanade – Theatres on the Bay
• National Center for the Performing Arts, China (NCPA)
• Shanghai Grand Theatre
• Shanghai Culture Square
• Poly Theatre Group
• Guangzhou Opera House
• Xi’an Concert Hall | Shaanxi Opera House
We presented 105 booths, 31 live showcases, 8 professional development sessions, and one Special Programme: Theatre for Young Audiences, providing networking opportunities to facilitate international cooperation and showcasing latest traditional and contemporary works by most creative artists and ensembles in China.
ChinaSPAF 2019 runs from 17-22 October in Shanghai, China! We look forward to having your company at the ChinaSPAF 2019 this October!
More information about showcases, pitch sessions, seminars, investment session and other events will be released in the following weeks. Please note that early-bird discount ends on Saturday 15 June 2019.